Monday, February 8, 2010

Figures

Last night I dreamed I lived in an apartment near where I used to live, but to get in I had to go through an extremely narrow door in a tree, and when the area flooded I was relieved that my apartment was high enough up that it wouldn't flood, despite the fact that it was evidently underground. I was also friends with a young Asian man who was the hero of the world, and he'd been so busy being a hero that we hadn't seen each other for months and were excited when we got to collect the garbage on campus together. I also ran into a familiar tall blond man I don't know who told me about how they were finally making all the Bolivians be baptized Catholic so they would quit their rebellion, and that the Bolivians who'd been forced to be Catholic were called 'Nolos'. It wasn't until after I'd been considering the oddities of my dream for a while that what is possibly the most bizarre part occurred to me. 'Nolo' is a Latin word which means 'I am not willing'. Apparently even while I'm in middle of entirely irrational dreams, I can't help but have decent Latin.

1 comment: