Friday, March 27, 2009

Why is anyone ever bored?

This afternoon I went to an art museum and looked at several exhibits; the one I liked best was of the art of Walter Wick, the man who did the I Spy series. On the way home I stopped by a bookstore, spent a little time just looking at all the books, then bought a Book of Mormon in Arabic, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia. This evening I went to a planetarium show, in which the presenters combined scripture and science. It was beautiful, and such was its nature that, combined with my afternoon, on the way home I was in a thoughtful frame of mind, and I realized that boredom is an insult not only to humanity and its centuries of accumulated knowledge, but even more so to the Eternal Creator, the extent of whose knowledge is incomprehensible to our finite minds. How can anyone ever be bored with so much to learn?

4 comments:

  1. i certainly hope you already had a copy of the thief...

    ReplyDelete
  2. try having four little kids in tow. your inertia becomes such that you can't hop skip and waltz to cultural event after cultural event. you instead get tired just thinking about getting them all ready to go play out in the snow. when by correct alignment of jupiter, sirius and the asteroid belt the kids all fall asleep at the same time, your brain is so fried that the most absolute awesome activity you can think of is to go take a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this blog already, by the way. it will be my cultural education for now.

    ReplyDelete